Thursday, December 13

In the pursuit of style...

Shoes are designed to provide protection, comfort, support and style. But we women are most likely to endure pain in the pursuit of fashion and style (my self included of course)

For work, I would prefer narrow-toed shoes, tight and heels. Most of the time, I would have to squeeze my wide foot into this type of shoes. Thus, placing considerable pressure on my big and little toes. As a result, they are literally molded into abnormal alien shape…geesh and of course it is painful. Mommy dearest has warned me zillion times on taking a good care of them and as usual, mom will always be rite. My foot disorder has now getting worse. Ouchh!!!

"Women account for nearly 90 percent of all operations performed to correct common foot disorders such as bunions, hammertoes and neuromas that are often caused by improper shoes"

For that, I am limiting my time wearing the culprit; alternate them with good flats for walking and wearing lower heel with wider toe-area. I am giving them a break for my own sake.

wider toe-area for better breathing

p/s: I am also into foot massage now (either by my maid or thai spa) to lessen the effects. Oh and foot reflexology is good too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe! i totally understand wat u meant.. ive just recovered from a fractured right foot. it has not been 2 months, but im back wearing heels again! cant help it lah!

Ms. Reny said...

Serendipiy: ouch what actually happend to your right foot?
Tu la, heels and pointy shoes are just so alluring :P

Anonymous said...

it was stupid, really. i was walking down the stairs. i stepped on something, so the foot was twisted! next thing i knew, i got an elephant's foot! ;)

Anonymous said...

well you have my as your personal thai foot massager hehehe