Thursday, November 22

Proton & VW

I shall not elaborate on this headline further as almost everyone has been made aware to this. Such a shocking news I must say.

Many found the news painful to swallow as many parties were recently led to believe that the Government was ready to enter into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that would have seen VW becoming Proton's strategic partner. And suddenly the change of heart happened.

Personally, I am disappointed myself (very much actually). No doubt the current management has done immensely well in turning around the company and new initiatives are almost bearing fruits. But to be fit and sustain in the long run, i still think PROTON need a strategic partner especially in developing new product lineup.

As an employee that is hoping to grow and develop here, all I expect is a proper guidance and a proper career enhancement in the future. Oh well, i am feeling a bit demoralized by this, at least for today I hope. I' able to bounce back easily i know but need some time to restore my confidence. I still have hope and will give my best anyway :)

Anyway, email from a dear friend here really make my day….such a good motivator la u!!! Thank you:)

Its OK to lose faith with the company that we work for (many of us did ) – but you must not lose faith with your capabilities.

The difference between you and others, Reny, is that your potential is way higher. She/he is, to a certain degree, limited in her/his ability – while you on the other hand, the sky’s the limit. So, you cannot compare yourself , OK? The litmus test to check for individual potential is this:

If the company were to close down today – who would be the first to be offered a similar or higher position in another corporation? It would be YOU! This implies versatility, talent, and potential.

So, have a strong belief in what u do..


p/s: The absence of my bf is making this feeling worse..:( miss u!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Err..your quotation wasn't verbatim, eh Reny?! Haha :)

Anonymous said...

I have to cover your/my ass jugak kan..:P
But importantly, all your points are covered!

Anonymous said...

There is a passage in a recent article which says "Car companies world wide are getting better and better by merging and trading know-hows" so i guess it would be a far fetch dream for us to be able to follow the development that the big boys are doing right now.

Anonymous said...

azim: well said and gotta agree 100%!

Anonymous said...

the govt says we can go it alone, but dato' syed said that proton still needs a partner and has always said that. i can gurantee you that a search for a partner is still ongoing.

g.

Anonymous said...

G. Oh yes, the next thing u know, the talk will resume after all the election 'buzz' subside.