Friday, September 5

Office Vacation..tee hee

Vacation or even honeymoon for me??

No…not anytime close. I am not going for any vacation yet, even our honeymoon plan is still on hold. Many have asked what with the short leave, well time doesn’t permit at this moment. To be frank, I have less than 5 days leave. Pathethic betul kan! So go figure, I need to save few days for rainy days, mana la tau kan!

So, vacation will only be feasible during any next long break (minus Hari Raya of course, being the first year of celebrating as wife, am sure i need at least 4 days to finish visiting all houses for both sides plus one day Pavillion visit ;p)

Which destination if you were to ask, no specific venue in plan, but amongst all, Perth or Melbourne would be my ideal pick! Don’t mind going to Jakarta or S'pore anytime either (even on the weekends)

UNFORTUNATELY, my beloved other- half somehow doesn’t fancy these places; mentioning these places will not brighten up his face. Buwek!

Anyway..

Perth for reminiscing his’s college hood and Melbourne for visiting Adik and experiencing her ‘active urban’ lifestyle as exactly how she reiterated it to us and by all those fancy pictures of her and frens!

So, since no vacation and my butt is literally rotten to the office chair during Ramadhan, this 5-minute vacation tips below can be favorable to all (we shall try k). For these past few days of fasting (less than a week ,mind u...Huhuhuh), I must say it was the horrendous ever ….macam budak sekolah punya puasa.

By 10, my good-behaved stomach starts making those funny sounds *sigh*,
12noon my small eyes getting even smaller that I can hardly open, 1pm I will be easily fallen asleep if no internet browsing or PSP with me.
By 3, again my smaller eyes getting to its smallest size…Ayo yo yo….Everytime i heard a plastic opening sound around me especially my next neighbour, my head will turn asap just to check out what is she eating.... Goshhh how la?!!! HORRIBLE..….

ARGHhhh!

Ramadan month suppose to be as productive as any other months, yes i know that! I have tried changing my sahur menu several times and will keep on experimenting it, ohhh and that reminded me of today’s sahur. F.I.L had oatmeal mix with a cup of apple juice and mata kucing.,..hmmmmm erghhhhh well too sure about that tho ;) Apparently, he too has been trying experimenting with food..Great!

Anyway…

back to the 5 minutes vacation ideas from the office (See, even my mind is not in its best organized manner and easily sidetracking *yawn*). Here are some tips:

1. Load vacation photos
Make them easily accessible in your laptop, screen saver, FB, Flickr, etc. As long as you manage to take 5 and view the scenic restful images to regain your calm and recapturing the good memories. No kidding, even many vacation researchers pratice this trick according to MSN.com

2. Go outside
Columbia University researchers found that exposure to the negative air ions created when air molecules are exposed to sunlight, radiation, moving air, and water generated feelings of alertness, mental clarity, and elevated mood. Tip: Those ions exist outside your office, too. So, taking a break to the office garden really is a GOOD idea ahaaaaa, so stop staring at us;)

3. Breathe deeply, as you did on vacation
Don’t hunched over your keyboard; Close your eyes, place both feet on the floor, and breathe deeply through your nose for 5 to 10 minutes. This is an example of body-focused meditation. "Deep breaths stretch out muscles in your chest and diaphragm and alert your mind that you're ready to relax," says Peg Baim, clinical director of the training center at the Bensen-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Oprah also suggested that we meditate at least 10 mins a day as a form of relaxation. So, it seconds the earlier suggestion.

4. Turn off your phone and leave the office during lunch break
Even a machine couldn’t take a load 24 hours a day! So our bodies are designed to deal with stress intermittently. As such, removing source of stress even for a slightest time will allow our body to restore and recharge. So that means not picking up phone during lunch or after workJ.

5. Keep a vacation scent in an office drawer
Like that resort soap you swiped, the sunscreen you used at the beach, a sachet of Provençal herbs, or an envelope you stashed with pine needles. "Scent becomes strongly connected to whatever you felt when you first came into contact with it," says Rachel Herz, Ph.D., author of The Scent of Desire. The parts of the brain that regulate emotion, memory, and smell are close neighbors; they'll transport you back even when the vacation seems far off.

Alritey I am done. See whether it will work on me or I will be yawing away again and again still :P



:)

Oh yes, another item to add for my list..

6. Having our new German Bos striding steadily into the office. That will surely wake not only mine but all other sleepy sleepy eyes too…hahaha. Leng Chai as they said!! Complemented by his immaculate, spick & span and stylish presentation that awe us ladies! Tengok je takpa kan :P

Willkommen an Board!

Phewwww quite a long entry for a start..:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe Ramadhan has been tough for my tummy too, hence the constant blabbing on my blog :) Hang in there, the weeks will pass by so fast (happens every year).

Don't fret over the 'no vacation/honeymoon' idea, bear in mind "togetherness" and finally becoming a "real couple" in itself is a celebration of vacation/honeymoon as a whole that no Perth, Melbourne or Jakarta trips can comepete with!! :)

-Parvin-

Anonymous said...

i remember me n u puasa ganti together, it was the toughest coz u wll call me every hour n checking wthr i still tahan or x..tsk tsk tsk gile mcm budak kecik kan..i miss it much tho..

I"m truly happy 4 u babe

Anonymous said...

ho ho ho..saw ur bos..ahem so young looking and yed good looking too:)

fluffy

Anonymous said...

It has been almost 10 years knowing you and that part of you is still the same, ever.

Jaga baik-baik with what you have now because you are blessed with one big happy and loving family.

Ms. Reny said...

You are very right. Most importantly is to have the loved ones around us, and that by itself (with decent level of $$$ of course..ehehhe), life will be so meaningful and fulfilling.

Plus, this year will be my first year celebrating Raya with my other half...Woo Hoo! p.s: Now beli baju raya must think of the same theme color :P