Wednesday, May 28

Looking beyond the beauty

I had an interesting conversation yesterday and find it quite intriguing to elaborate. YES, I do love reading fashion, beauty, lifestyle and social magazines (I bet most girls are, yes?)

But hey, i don’t read these magazines to fantasize or dream myself to be part of the beauty socialite or Mak Datin one day. NO! But i wouldn’t deny that it would be really nice to be in their shoes either kan? Siapa tak nak haloooo but material wealth is always come secondary in my life.


Harper's Bazaar Latest Issue. One of my favourite!

My point is Beauty & Fashion magazines and socialite columns DO NOT consume me (unless 5% is considered much). What I like are those articles that feature high-flyer women being the mover and shaker of their industry. So I can pick up some good cues from the article, being an all rounder – beautiful and hot, good wife, good mother and good daughter at the same time. It is the juggling capabilities that amazed me. Even though such perfection is quite plastic some may say, but at least it’s a motivation to be a better woman, at least for me!

Some may also say beauty & fashion magazines make them feel ugly and inferior. Again, just take the positive side of it. Knowing and following the latest runway trend doesn’t mean u have to splurge on those high-end brands to look good like the A-listers. At least u keep your self abreast to the latest trend and do not look fugly and tooo outdated. At the end of day, look long and deep in the mirror; know what u want and what u need to have a fulfilling life, InsyaAllah we will not be strayed away.

Oh and to share a good note from my dad: ‘No matter how successful you are in the office, once you are home, your responsibility as a wife and daughter remain intact’ (He knows I can be quite bossy and pompous at times….:D )

Ada faham Mr.A? and yes i can be vain sometime

*wink*

2 comments:

Azim said...

As for now, i can't offer you the Mak Datin glamor life, but what i can offer is the Impak Maksima Drifter girlfriend glamor type hehehe

Buwek :P

Ms. Reny said...

Hahahhaha cute! tak kisahla as long as u make jokes that can cheer me up :) And as long as i can maintain the similar level of my current lifestyle..thats all i wanna ask for!

And what u see in mee is what u get :)