Tuesday, December 4

Yes Boss!

They can do the extreme, either make our day or break it. Simple yet a very crucial role!

Yes, I am talking about bosses in a workplace. Other than the decisions that we make on our own about loving the job at hand, BOSS is definitely the most powerful factor in employee motivation and morale (besides competitive pay & flexibility for me ;p)

A male friend of mine, who keep on complaining about her ‘lady boss” made me realize the impact of bosses on their employees are immeasurable. Even the coolest guy on earth (Yes its u Mr. Maverick) fail to keep his calm; just to prove that the impact of bosses are immeasurable. From their words, body language, expression of face, simply everything is important.

So I will always keep this and few points below in mind when I am the lady boss myself one day: Your Arrival at Work Sets the Employee Motivation Tone for the Day
Start the day right to set a happy mode to all. Smile, walk tall, confidently and greet people. Share the goals and expectations for the day. As a leader in the group, It starts with you. You can make their day.

Use Simple, Powerful Words for Employee Motivation
Use simple, powerful, motivational words to demonstrate that you value people. "Please" and "thank you" and "you're doing a good job” are sufficient to enlighten their day.

People Know What To Expect
Be clear and consistent in your message

Provide Regular Feedback for Employee Motivation
Don’t let them search and guess in the dark. Let them know when they have done a project well and when you are disappointed in their results. They need this information as soon as possible following the event.

This was what happened yesterday after a morning meeting ended; I had a brief chat with one of my bos (Having few bosses are making things complicated and tough, no kidding) about my team real contribution in the division. He smiled and said, I appreciate your concern but don’t worry for now, once your 2 partners are in, you will be stumbled with lotsa of work. Hehehehe:)

As the above mentioned points, your boss is definitely the one that will make your day. And so did my boss!

He bought a useful book for me to read, feeling valued like this really boost up my morale. Thank you very much and really appreciate it boss. Best part, being a brand conscious male, he actually bought a book on Luxury Fashion Branding book! Smart choice i must say. At least I won’t fall asleep half way reading the book since the illustration is such an eye-opener. Trendy bag and shoes all over the pages…Great eh?


Luxury Fashion Branding by Uche Okonkwo, approach branding in a very interesting light!

In essence, the book is all about ‘Consumer being the KING’ and lots of study cases on renowned company that remain as the world class brand over the decade!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I enjoyed your post - I must say that you hit the nail straight on the head. Well, lucky you for having a great boss. I'll stop complaining about mine, its so unbecoming of me :) After all, like the Marines use to say, "we don't only plan...we improvise!"

Anonymous said...

hahah.. i think you're boss only bought you a book coz you're an attractive young lady!! ;)

i've never seen any "male bosses" buy any books or anything for that matter for a male subordinate.. EVER in my over 10 years of working in over 4 different countries.

g.

Ms. Reny said...

G:I dont think that is the reason. He has been nice to almost everyone. Plus my department will be directly under his supervision. So, i guess he needs HIS team to be good for HIM to look good in the eyes of the big boss! It is important to take care of the small fish that does the shitty work isnt it?
So next time u be a bos, treat 'em good k!